Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

I've been running a little behind on actually posting pictures of our trip to the pumpkin patch.  While my parents were here, we all went up to Avila Valley Barn.  We thought my parents would enjoy getting to see the boys feed the animals and go on the hay ride.  We had a ton of veggies that needed to be gotten rid of, and the animals were grateful for that.

125_125 

We went on the hay ride, which took us out to the pumpkin patch.  This was Caleb's first hay ride, and probably the first one Micah remembers, since the last time we went was when Micah was just a baby.

036

Here's Caleb and me on the hay ride.  It's kind of unnerving knowing that you have to hold onto your kid when the hay ride is bumping around.  I always worry that I'm going to be the mom who drops her kid off the hay ride.  Those kinds of things seem to happen to me.

040

Here's a picture we tried to take with my dad and Micah.  As you can tell, Micah was having none of it!

131_131 

Here's my dad with Caleb on a pumpkin.  I think my parents really enjoyed themselves.

139_139 109_109 145_145150_150

152_152 

153_153 

159_159

043

I don't really know what Micah was doing in this picture.

052

And this is our 3 generation picture.

We really enjoyed going to Avila Valley Barn.  If you are ever in the area, I recommend you go.  They have things going on all year round.  And the baked goods are delicious!  The boys also enjoyed themselves, which is the best reward.

0 comments: