Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How precious life is...a gift from God

I have just had a reality check on how precious life really is.  I had gotten a forward to a link called 99 balloons.  John had gotten it from one of our friends, and told me to be prepared to cry, it was so touching.  He said he even shed some tears. 

Well, the email has been sitting unread in my inbox because I knew that I would cry while watching it.  Those of you who know me know that I am a crybaby.  I cry at touching commercials and things like that, so I had been avoiding watching the link.

Today I had some down time and I felt mentally ready to watch, so I opened the link.   The video is a story about Eliot, a baby born with Trisomy 18.  Be prepared.  This video will touch even the hardest of hearts.  After I watched it, I just went to both boys and hugged them close to me.  It really makes me feel blessed to have both of my boys healthy and happy.  I realize now that that doesn't always happen for everyone, and I am just thankful that God has given me these two boys for as long as He has.

Here is the link:  

http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons

0 comments: