Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'll take game shows for $200, Alex




Well, Saturday morning I was up bright and early (thanks to two little ragamuffins). My second test for Jeopardy! was in Buellton at 9:00 a.m. I drove up there, and there were just under 100 people there from the 1,000 people that took the test the night before.


We were allowed to answer practice questions as a group to get us into the Jeopardy! question mindset. You know how they form their answers in order to give little clues as to what the question will be. Then they gave us our answer sheets, and told us the questions would be on the screen and one of the clue crew would read them to us as well. We were given 8 seconds per question to write down our answer. Once the tests were complete, they left the room and graded them.


They came back about 15 minutes later and called out about 8 names of people who had passed the test. Unfortunately, my name wasn't on that list. Too bad. But the best thing about the whole experience is that I had a good time, and maybe I'll be ready for the online test in January. It will be another 50 question test but we can do it from the comfort of our own home.

0 comments: