Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Friday, May 28, 2010

No catchy saying this week

Today I am 16 weeks pregnant.  Baby Stults is now the size of an avocado.

                                     image

Tiny bones are forming in the baby’s ears, so he or she can now hear my voice.  Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.  That’s what’s going on with baby right now.

I had my OB appointment on Wednesday, and finally got to see Dr. Huss since he’s been back to work from being sick.  He looked good, although he says he does get winded pretty quickly.  But he said that his PET scan showed that there is no sign of cancer anymore, so that’s great news.  He still has 3 more rounds of chemo to do.

Since I didn’t see Dr. Huss at my first appointment, I never got to hear the baby’s heartbeat.  I finally got to hear it Wednesday.  It sounded good! 

Since I’ve been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I also met with the nutritionist on Wednesday.  She went over what I should be eating, and actually said I was doing pretty well.  They did say I should try to eat between 1600 and 2000 calories per day.  That’s a lot of calories! 

But I feel good, and baby is growing nicely.  Can’t wait for my next appointment, which is when I should be able to have my ultrasound to see whether the baby is a girl or boy.  On a side note, Micah and Caleb have both requested to have a baby sister.  John and I are both hedging our bets, but we keep reminding the boys that we are going to get whatever baby God gives us.

0 comments: