Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Olde Towne Market

Well, I did it!  I got my tables set up at the Olde Towne Market yesterday evening.  I was nervous, but everyone was very friendly, and I had some friends and family come by to wish me luck. 

If you don’t know, the Olde Towne Market runs for 8 weeks.  The farmer’s market runs year round on I Street by the Chamber building.  But when it’s time for Olde Towne, they move the farmer’s market and add the food booths, entertainment, and other booths and have it on H Street in the heart of Old Town Lompoc.

All in all, I think I did pretty well.  I sold some of everything that I had.  I won’t get rich, but I did make a profit!  So woo hoo for me!!! 

Here are some pictures of my tables:

001 002 003

I have reserved a spot for the rest of the time the Olde Towne Market is running with the exception of the Friday when we will be in Texas for my sister’s wedding.  Luckily, I only have to pay for the spot on a weekly basis.  I have also booked a table at a Christmas in July craft fair that will be held on base on July 25th.   The nice thing about that craft fair is that it is free.  I only have to donate a door prize. 

I had fun last night.  The ladies who had tables on either side of me were very friendly.  And it was fun to people watch.  So I’m excited about next week and the other opportunities that are coming my way.

0 comments: