Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

It's Thanksgiving today. I'm sitting here watching the boys play, and I just was thinking about all the things I'm thankful for this year.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband. He laughs with me and at me sometimes, but that's ok. I wouldn't have fallen in love with him or married him if he didn't. He is the head of our family and the amazing father of our kids. He has a great sense of humor, but is serious also. He makes me laugh, and he makes me want to be a better wife and mother, because he deserves it.

I'm thankful for my son Micah. He was worth the eighteen hours of labor. He was worth the c-section. He makes me laugh with his imagination and how he can stay in character for so long. He is a great cuddler and his hugs and kisses are worth waiting for. He enjoys playing with Lima and Caleb. He is a bright personality who is just growing and maturing every day.

I'm thankful for Caleb. This little boy changes every day and I treasure watching him grow and learn. He has the happiest belly laugh and the sweetest smile. I could just gobble him up. I love how he looks up to his big brother and wants to do everything just like Micah. I love his excitement at something new.

I'm thankful for my family near and far. My parents are always encouraging and I love to watch how they play with their grandkids. My sister loves being an aunt to my children. My mother and father in-law are supportive and they enjoy playing with the boys. My sister-in-law is busy, but always has time for the boys. And I'm thankful for my nieces, Taylor and Madison. They are so spirited, and I enjoy watching all four cousins play together.

I'm thankful to have such a big extended family. It is always a joy to get to gather and spend time together. They all have such personalities, and I enjoy getting to see them whenever I can.

I'm thankful for our friends. While some of them have moved away, we hold them in our hearts. We are thankful for the ones who still live close by so that we can get together and visit, and to watch their families grow.

I'm also thankful to have a roof over our heads and food to eat. I'm thankful to be safe and sound inside our warm little house, and to have transportation to get wherever we need to go. I'm thankful that John has a good job that he enjoys and is good at.

But most of all, I'm thankful for the gracious gift of God...his son Jesus Christ. Without that most precious gift, I would have no hope for my future, or the hope for the future of my sons, who I pray will one day accept Him as their Savior. I'm thankful that He thought I was worth His time. I am thankful for my relationship with Him. Without Him, I would have nothing. Sure, I would probably get by, but I wouldn't have this joy in my heart at knowing that one day I would get to live forever in Heaven with Him.

I'm thankful.

0 comments: