Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Day That Might Have Been

Today, November 12th, might have been different.  Today was my due date, and we should have been meeting our beautiful baby boy.  But we won’t be doing that today, since he is up in heaven. 

I’m a little down today, for obvious reasons.  But I’ve had a lot of time to think about this, and I’ve had such wonderful love and support from friends and family.  This is what I’ve learned.

My baby boy is one of the luckiest boys around.  He is in the presence of God right now!  He never had to go through the trials and suffering that we call life.  He never knew sadness or had to experience pain.

For my own selfish reasons, I would have loved to have him here with me and John and his two wonderful big brothers.  But I am rejoicing in the fact that one day when I finally get to go to heaven, he will be waiting up there for me.  I can just picture him with a huge smile on his face and running up to me to say, “Hey Mommy!  I can’t wait to show you around this wonderful place!”

So, yes, I’m sad.  But I also know that there are better things  waiting for me one day.  And until that day, I am going to be thankful and rejoice in what I do have:  my relationship with God, a loving husband, and two sweet boys who make my heart happy!

0 comments: