Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Texas, Part 3

OK, I think I can finish it all up in one post.  The boys are napping, so here I go. 

Saturday evening I had plans with two of my oldest (as in time known, not age) friends, Deanna and Shauna.  I got to see Shauna on my last trip to Texas, but I didn’t see Deanna, and I got in big trouble for it.  So we planned a girls night out for while I was back in Texas.  We ate and played games at Dave and Busters and then went to Cowboys dance hall afterwards. 

                        181

Shauna was already having fun.  Can you tell?  It was good to see them and get to catch up on everything we’ve been doing.

Sunday was the day of Christina’s bridal shower.  So I was up early and my mom and I were trying to get things done at her house, since she had offered to let us have the shower there.  Corrie, Emily, Mr. & Mrs. Blakeney, and cute little Killian all showed up with everything else we needed for the shower.  And the rest of the bridesmaids showed up soon after.  We were ready just in the nick of time.

While the girls were all busy with the shower, Grandpa took Micah and Caleb to Jumping Jym, a bouncy house place.  The boys had a blast and came home sweaty. 

All the pictures from the shower were taken on my mom’s camera, so I don’t have any to post.  But the food was delicious and Christina got a lot of nice presents. 

The biggest thing that happened at Chris’ shower was that she started crying.  If you know my sister, you know that she is not one to cry.  But she started when she was trying to thank everyone and trying to explain how hard it will be for her to move away from home.  She has lived in New Braunfels for the past 16 years.  But the best is yet to come for her, and as it was pointed out a few times by others, at least she is in the same state and can visit easily.

My cousin Tre’, his wife Christina, and their kids Chloe and Noah drove down from Ft. Worth so that Christina could attend the shower.  After the shower, we all got to visit with each other.  Micah really liked playing Chloe and Noah, and Caleb enjoyed following all of them around.  It was really cute watching Tre’ play with Caleb.  Usually Caleb is shy around new people, but he really took a shine to Tre’.  I was really tired, or I would have taken more pictures of everyone together.  But this is the best I could do.

                   183

When Tre’, Christina, and the kids left it was time to get packing, since we were going to fly home on Monday, Memorial Day.  We might have stayed a couple more days, but the boys started getting really homesick for their daddy a few days into our trip.  Luckily, we were able to catch a very full flight to LAX, and John picked us up.  You have never seen two boys more happy to see their daddy!

We had a great time while we were in Texas, but their is really nothing better than your own bed to sleep in.  The boys did really well, but I think this might be the last of our long visits.

0 comments: