Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Road Trip to Texas…actually we went on a plane

It’s just more fun to say road trip!  The boys and I went to Texas a couple of weeks ago to visit my family and so I could go to my sister’s bridal shower.

John drove us to LAX on Saturday morning.  We waited a couple of hours for our flight.  The boys were absolute ANGELS on the plane.  I really couldn’t have asked for a better flight. 

My parents were on vacation in Orlando until the next day, so my sister picked us up at the San Antonio Airport. 

They all had big plans for us while we were there.  We took the boys to the children’s museum in town.  The last time we were there, Micah had fun while Caleb was stuck to me…literally.  I had him in the Snugli.  So this time he was free to run around as he pleased.  He especially liked the grocery store.  He shopped and shopped and thank goodness we didn’t have to pay for all the groceries he “bought.”

059

He also helped Grandpa do some repair work on a house.

057

He also got to drive an ambulance, ride in a kayak (I wonder if this kayak could actually be used in the water.  I didn’t know they made them this small), and have a nice “dinner” with a very lovely little girl.

063 069 071

Big brother also had a great time playing with the train sets.  And there was even a little time for the boys to play a little Dance Dance Revolution.

067 066

The next day Grammy, the boys, and I went to visit Grandpa while he worked.  Mmmmm….Cracker Barrel.  My mouth is watering just typing the words.  After we had lunch, the boys played a little checkers while sitting in the rockers.

073 075

This post seems to be getting a little long, so I will continue the tales of our trip in another post.

0 comments: