Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Micah’s Fifth Birthday Party

Micah has been patiently anxiously awaiting the day of his birthday party.  So much so that I had to make him a calendar where he could mark off the days until the time for the big event.  It’s been on the refrigerator all month. 

Micah asked for a pirate themed party.  And he wanted to invite our family and some of his friends from church.  So that’s what we did.

As an extra surprise for him, we were able to get a great deal on a bounce house.  They didn’t have any pirate bounce houses, so we made do with Spiderman.

005

015

Micah had to stick his tongue out, and of course little brother Caleb had to do the same:

016

The kids played in the bounce house while John cooked the hamburgers and hot dogs. 

Then it was time for presents.

026 029

033 034

Yes, there are a couple of Nerf Dart guns in these pictures.  I might have a future headache on my hands once the boys get the hang of them.  Either that, or Micah just might shoot Caleb’s eye out.  Either way, pray for my sanity.

Micah’s friend Ezekiel came up to him after he opened up all the presents and told Micah that he loves him.  Isn’t that the sweetest thing?  And then to top it off, they hugged.  Love it!

035

After the presents, it was time for cake.  Yum-o!  Micah wanted a chocolate cake, and I think that was a good choice because it was so delicious!

                  023

We all sang happy birthday and then Micah blew out the candles.

036

If you look closely at the little sailor at the front of the ship, you can tell he was getting a little seasick.  He’s leaning over the rail.  Really he just fell over when I moved the cake, but the seasick thing is a much better story! =)

I made goodie bags for all of the kids to take home.  Every pirate needs a treasure map so I made one for the kids.  It was fun, but my poor little thumb took a beating because I kept having to relight the lighter and the metal got really hot.  But it was worth it.

037

All in all, I think Micah had a really great time at his party.  I can’t believe that in just a few days my sweet little baby boy that I first held 5 years ago will be a five year old.  My how time flies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party. Really cool cake! Happy Bday Micah!

The Maples said...

I always love the photos of John opening the presents with the boys on their birthdays. He always looks like they're for him! LOL Just a big ol' kid, isn't he?