Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Five years of wedded bliss

John and I celebrated 5 years of marriage today.  I really can’t believe how fast time has passed.  It seems like only yesterday that I was hyperventilating as I walked into the foyer of the church.  It seems like only yesterday that I was so flustered that I completely forgot the vows I had written, and I ended up just saying, “I just love you.”  It seems like only yesterday that I was awestruck at the handsome man who actually wanted to be with me as long as we both shall live.

And the love I feel for that man that I married has grown every day.  That’s not to say we haven’t had our share of rough patches or disagreements, but I think we have both grown closer to each other as we have navigated the business of everyday life and parenthood.

I fell in love with John for many reasons.  His love for God was above all the most important reason.  But I love him for his sense of humor…even when it’s pointed at me.  I love him for his compassion, his level-headedness, and his intelligence.  And once we became parents, I loved him for the great father he was learning to be.  One only has to look at how our two boys adore their father to see how good a father he really is.

I thank God for moving my life in a direction where I would be able to meet the man I’m going to spend the rest of my life with.  I never dreamed when I moved out to California that I was headed towards John.  But I’m glad I did. 

I love you, John. 

1 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats! Happy Anniversary!