Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Monday, September 29, 2008

To the mission we will go

John and I took the boys to La Purisima Mission on Saturday morning.  We had some veggies (yes, we actually have veggies at our house!  Don't act so surprised!) that were at the end of their life span, so we decided that we could feed them to the animals at the mission.

On our past visits to the mission, Micah has loved to look at the horses, but doesn't want to go near them to feed them.  I guess it's because one time the horse leaned over the fence and tried to lick his head.  I guess a huge horse could scare a little boy who wasn't expecting that.  This time was also the first time that we've been since Caleb started walking.  We let him roam about while we were there, and he LOVED it!

029 

Here's Micah feeding the sheep.  The goats and the sheep are penned up together, and Micah kept yelling out, "Come here goats!  Over here!" 

 

030 

Here's Caleb getting to feed the goat for the first time.  On past visits, he was confined to the stroller and it was too hard to feed them from there.

031 

Caleb is petting the sheep.  I didn't get it on camera, but the sheep was licking his hand.

039

Dad helping Caleb pet a horse for the first time.

050 052

Caleb kept following Micah around.  If you look closely, Micah is feeding the horse just like we told him to, with his palm out.  What a smart boy!

062

John and Caleb at the fountain.  I would have tried for a picture of just Caleb, but I think he would have tried to go for a swim.  The kid has no fear!

063 

What a pig sty!  I know that those of you who got my email read the same joke, but I tickle myself, so you will just have to put up with reading the joke a second time.

070 

Micah was getting a closer look at the pigs.

073

Caleb and me. 

We had a great time at the mission. Both boys love being outdoors.  They could run and play forever.  I don't know why no one has ever figured out how to bottle up all that energy and make some money.  Oooh!  Note to self.... Ha ha!

0 comments: