Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Year of Many Memories

Well, the day is finally here.  My little Caleb is a year old today!  The time has gone by so fast.  It seems like just yesterday that I had him.  John and I can't believe how much he has changed from that first day, when he couldn't do anything without our help.

I remember getting to see him the first time after Dr. Huss delivered him.  The nurse brought him to my side of the curtain (I had a C-section).  He was the most perfect thing ever!  Of course, Micah was the most perfect thing ever as well.  Wow, it's bringing tears to my eyes right now thinking about it.  What a sap I am!

I remember introducing Caleb to Micah and Micah's gentle little kiss on his head.  It was so sweet.  Of course, now Micah would rather drive a hot wheel on Caleb's head than give him a kiss.  But he still gives his brother kisses now and then.

There have been a lot of firsts for my little boy this first year.  His first bath, his first time sleeping through the night (oh what a wonderful feeling!), his first smile, his first tooth, his first time rolling over, and his first steps. 

Caleb started taking steps a few weeks ago, and now he is just toddling all over the house.  It's a great thing, but it just reminds me how much he is growing up.  And it all has happened in one little year.

Although I am surprised that one year has gone so fast, I am excited for all the years to come. 

caleb waving  caleb and mommy

0 comments: