Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Those three little words

Most of you know how Micah had trouble with his speech in the past.  Over the past 6 months or so, his speech has just blossomed.  John and I are very relieved, and though many people had told me that he would start talking a lot better in his own time, I feel better now that it is actually happening.

It seems that now Micah has no off button.  He is talking ALL the time, and repeats us quite often.  Over the past few weeks, he has been learning responses to often heard phrases.  For example, you say "Bless you" when someone sneezes, or "Excuse me" when you burp (which Micah can do at will, and we are trying to cure him of that talent). 

But the most wonderful phrase he has learned is "I love you."  At first, we were teaching him that when someone says "I love you," you say "I love you, too."  So he would do it some of the time.  But very recently he has begun to say "I love you" to me or John without prompting, and out of the blue.  What a way to melt a parent's heart!

I just am so blessed to have such a sweet little boy as my son.  I wouldn't trade him for the world.

0 comments: