Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Solvang, The Mission, and Some Critters

My parents and Christina came out to be with us this past week.  My mom and dad had to leave on Tuesday, but Christina stayed until Friday to help out. 

On Wednesday, Christina and I took the boys to get the time-honored, traditional picture of the Solvang Shoe.  Caleb did not want to cooperate, but Micah was all for it.

001 003

Micah took the following picture.  That’s why Christina and I look so statuesque.

                      002

On Friday, we took the boys to the mission to see and feed the animals. 

006 010

016 017

020 022

I was shocked, but the boys actually wanted to take pictures with me.  Micah picked out all of the spots where we took our pictures.

024 036

032 037

039 040

This is Micah, Caleb, and Christina in front of the longhorn, saying, “Gig ‘Em!”  But you’ll notice that Caleb doesn’t have his thumb up.  We tried the whole time Christina was here, but he kept putting up his pointer finger.  Oh well, it’s the thought that counts.

042

This last picture from the mission might possibly be my favorite.  And it’s all because I cracked a joke.  This donkey came up to Christina and it looked like it was trying to kiss Christina.  So I said that it looked like Christina was kissing her hubby.  I think it’s funny, and that’s all that really matters!

                            051

                 Do you see the resemblance to Brad?  Ha ha!

Saturday, Petco was having a Meet the Critters day.  They had guinea pigs and bunnies for the kids to hold and pet.  Micah held them all, but Caleb just wanted to pet them.

053 056

                054

0 comments: