Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Eat Mor Chikin! Mooooo!

You all know I'm cheap (that is in the genes since I'm a Williams). And what's better than cheap? FREE!!! Today was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a. I saw online that if you dressed from head to toe as a cow that they would give you a free meal. I also read that if you only partially dress as a cow that they would give you a free entree.

I couldn't just go halfway on this. My mom and dad were working today, so I decided that Christina and the boys and I would go dressed as cows for our free meals. Last night, I got some of my dad's old white tshirts and commenced with OPERATION FREE FOOD. I made our cow costumes. I wrote "Eat Mor Chikin" on the backs of the boys' shirts and added cute little tails. I put signs on the front of Christina's and my shirts and of course added tails to the back. And since we are girls, and girl cows have udders, I added surgical glove udders to the front of our shirts as well.

We attempted our own photo op at home. They didn't come out too great.

Today, we headed out to Chick-fil-a to have lunch. The boys were excited to wear their costumes. Christina, on the other hand, was a little embarassed about it. She kept repeating, "I hope I don't see anyone I know." I kept reassuring her that this was for the great cause of free food.

We got there and the staff were kind enough to take a group picture of all of us.

We ordered our food and I took off for the bathroom to change. I came out of the bathroom and Christina said the staff wanted us to take a picture with the Chick-fil-a cow. So I headed back into the bathroom to change back into my costume. Micah was scared of the cow, so he didn't want to take the picture. Caleb, on the other hand was fascinated with the cow, so he didn't mind taking the picture. After that photo op, I headed back to the bathroom to change again.
After we came, we saw a few more families come in dressed in cow attire. But not nearly as many people as I thought would be dressed up. It was fun, and it was FREE! So I would consider Operation Free Food a wonderful success!

0 comments: