Welcome to the life and times of John, Alisha, Micah, Caleb and Lima the dog!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Micah goes to school

Micah started preschool on Monday.  He’s going to a cute little school called A Child’s Village.  Their summer program started on Monday, so we enrolled Micah.  For right now, he will be going on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until noon. 

We had been talking to Micah for a while about him starting school.  He wasn’t too sure at first, but he was pretty excited about it the night before he started.  Poor kid was so amped up that he just couldn’t go to sleep.  He kept getting up and coming out into the living room with any excuse he could think of. 

Monday morning we had his backpack ready and his lunchbox packed.  He was so happy!  John will usually take him to preschool, but I just couldn’t miss his first day!  So all four of us went to wish him well on his first day.  John left for work, and I almost started crying when I went to hug and kiss him goodbye.  But my big boy just went and played with a new friend like he had been doing this all along.  Caleb was actually the one crying because he wanted to stay too.

051 053 054

I went to pick him up after lunch.  The owner was there, and she said Micah did really well, except for one thing.  She said that they were showing the kids all around the school and Micah pulled the fire alarm.  I guess the alarm scared him, and he wet his pants.  They were able to call off the fire truck, so they didn’t get into any trouble with the fire department.  She said that it ended up being a good teaching experience, because they showed the kids where all the pulls were located and explained that you only pull those if there is a fire.

Today was his second day of preschool.  He was so excited to go, and John took him.  He had told me though, that he wanted me to meet his friends when I picked him up. 

Caleb and I went to pick him up this afternoon and I talked to his teacher.  She said that he wet his pants again.  She thought he was afraid to go while he was there.  So I said that I would take him while I was there.  I went and got him and he absolutely refused to go.  He started to cry.  I didn’t want to make too big a deal for fear that it would turn him off of going there all together.  So we are going to have to encourage him to try while he is there.  The owner said that he might have accidents for a while when he first starts, since that is what most kids do.  We’ll have to keep working on it.

All in all, he is having a great time at preschool.  This week they are learning about safety.  I don’t know if it was on the schedule, but they now know about fire safety, thanks to Micah.  They have a lot of fun things planned for the summer. 

John and I were told by Micah the other night that he can’t go to school on Friday because that is when we vacuum the house.  So I guess we will have to figure out how to get him to go on Friday.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious Alisha.
I loled at the fire alarm bit.

-Rob